Friday, September 16, 2011

RAVE: Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Latte



Let me start by saying I love Starbucks. I really do. Even as someone who is no longer a caffeine addict - oh I didn't mention that I'm caffeine free these days? No, I'm not pregnant. I did it for health reasons and let me tell you it's fabulous. But that's a topic for another day.

Anyhow, this time of the year everyone is raving about Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks. Sure, I've had them. In fact, I've given them a shot a few times over the last couple of years, but they're just "meh" in my book.

I love a good, hot (decaf) coffee drink, but there's just something yucky and artificial - almost metallic - about the taste of the Pumpkin Spice syrup at Starbucks.

Needless to say, I'm sticking with my soy AmeriMisto.

Then, the other day I got a coupon in the mail for a free (yes, FREE) small latte from Dunkin' Donuts. I'm typically not a Dunkin' girl. No real reason why, I just find myself in closer proximity to Starbucks most often, but when I hear free, I can't say no.

So, I took a trip there on Wednesday - which was a crisp fall day - and gave their Pumpkin Latte a shot. I figured, even if it tasted just so-so like S-bucks, then I'm not out anything.

And what'd I taste at first sip, you ask? PURE HEAVEN.

Let me take a step back for a second and say that I love fall. I love the weather, I love the changing leaves, I love the fashion and I simply adore all the pumpkin flavored items you can buy. There's nothing better than a pumpkin donut and fresh apple cider from my hometown cider mill.

I'm no stranger to this flavor, to say the least. So when I sipped that latte I about came unglued with joy. It blasted my tongue with pumpkin flavor, and didn't leave that strange after-taste that you can sometimes get.

Dunkin' got this one right for SURE. I'm not one for spending much on fru-fru coffee drinks, but there's a good chance I'll be headed back before the season is over - and I highly recommend you do the same, at least once.

Cheers!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment