Saturday, May 7, 2011

RAVES: Uncle Bub's Secret Special

So, this is my second rave review on Uncle Bub's in Westmont, but this time it's a bit different.

Yes, we continue to have stellar experiences every time we decide to pig out (pun intended) at this local barbeque establishment. But it wasn't too long ago that we discovered a hidden gem in their already mouthwatering lineup of meats.

Smoked bologna sandwich.

Now, I know what you're probably thinking, or at least, it's what I was thinking when I first heard about this menu item that in fact, doesn't have a permanent place on the menu. "A bologna sandwich? Really? I haven't had one of those since I 10 years old, and I wasn't much impressed then."

Let me explain the deliciousness of this sandwich for a second...

This isn't your grandmas cold cut bologna sandwich, mind you. They smoke the balogna right there in their kitchen, slice it thin, and pile the juicy meat onto a soft bun with their signature barbeque sauce and your choice of cheese.

You can't tell me your mouth isn't watering just thinking about it.

Had we not been tipped off to this special menu item by a relative of the owner we may never have known just how good bologna can be!

I said it before and I'll say it again, one of the best parts of our trips to Uncle Bub's is the service. Everyone is not only knowledgeable about everything on the menu, but you're treated like family from the moment you walk in. Sure makes it easy on those days when you just can't decide what you want for dinner to say, "hey, let's go to Uncle Bub's."

If you're anywhere near the Chicagoland area and haven't tried it out yet, what are you waiting for? Get there. There's no other barbeque experience like it.

Cheers!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment